Welcome to PolandPrayer - a blog dedicated to prayers for Poland. May Jesus reign in the hearts of the Polish people!

Witamy na PolandPrayer - blogu poświęconym modlitwie za Polskę. Niech Jezus panuje w sercach Polaków!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Even in the "Grey" (Nawet pośród szarych dni)

Dobrze jest być znowu w Polsce. Chociaż muszę przyznać, że to dla nas duża zmiana, kiedy tu przyjeżdżamy. Język, drogi, jedzenie, ... wszystko jest inne. Co innego jest modlić się za Polaków, kiedy jestem na kolanach w swojej sypialni w Michigan, a co innego modlić się za nich, stojąc w kolejce w sklepie spożywczym lub jadąc zatłoczonym autobusem w Warszawie. Zaledwie dwa dni temu, kiedy tu dotarliśmy, pogoda była paskudna, miasto szare i byłam kuszona myślami zniechęcenia. Już tęskniłam za moją rodziną, która pozostała w domu i zaczęłam wątpić. Pytałam Boga: "Czy naprawdę powołałeś nas do Polski? Chcesz, abyśmy tu byli, czy to może tylko nasz własny pomysł?" I Bóg upewnił mnie, że owszem, powołał nas do tego miejsca. Zachęcił mnie, bym się nie bała i nawet pośród szarych dni, kiedy jesteśmy przytłoczeni i zadanie wydaje się zbyt trudne, On jest z nami. To moja modlitwa za każdego z Was abyście w szarych, prozaicznych, zwykłych dniach POWSTALI i ŚWIECILI wnosząc światło dla tych, którzy nas otaczają. O, Boże, spraw, by nasza światłość świeciła przed ludźmi, tak aby widzieli nasze dobre uczynki i chwalili Ciebie, naszego Ojca w niebie!! (Ew. św. Mateusza 5;16).

It is good to be in Poland again. I must confess, though, that it is always an adjustment when we come. The language, the roads, the food, … everything is different. It is one thing to pray for the people of Poland while I am on my knees in my bedroom in Michigan; it is another thing to pray for the people of Poland while standing in line at the grocery store or riding in a crowded bus in Warsaw. Just two days ago when we arrived, the weather was dreary and the city was grey and I was tempted with thoughts of discouragement. I already missed my family back home and I began to doubt. I asked God, “Did you really call us to Poland? Do you want us to be here, or was it just my own idea?” And God reassured me that yes, He has called us to this place. He encouraged me not to fear, but that even in the “grey,” even when we are overwhelmed and the task seems too big, that He is with us. It is my prayer for you, for each of us, that in the grey, often mundane, day-to-day lives that we live, that we will RISE UP and SHINE – bringing light to those around us. O God, would you shine your light in us before men that they may see your good works and glorify You, our Father in heaven!! (Matt. 5:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment