Welcome to PolandPrayer - a blog dedicated to prayers for Poland. May Jesus reign in the hearts of the Polish people!

Witamy na PolandPrayer - blogu poświęconym modlitwie za Polskę. Niech Jezus panuje w sercach Polaków!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Divided Heart (Podzielone Serce)

W burzliwych czasach, w których żyjemy, nietrudno o troskę i niepokój. Mój mąż David zbadał ostatnio użycie słowa “troska” w Piśmie Świętym. Odkrył, że troska zdefiniowana jest jako “podzielone serce” i “rozproszony umysł”. Nie wiem jak wy, ale ja nie chcę podzielonego serca i rozproszonego umysłu. Módlmy się i złóżmy przed Bogiem wszystkie nasze troski i zmartwienia, ufając, że On wyjdzie naprzeciw naszym potrzebom. Módlmy się, by dał nam niepodzielone (jednomyślne) serce.

Nie troszczcie się o nic, ale we wszystkim w modlitwie i błaganiach z dziękczynieniem powierzcie prośby wasze Bogu. A pokój Boży, który przewyższa wszelki rozum, strzec będzie serc waszych i myśli waszych w Chrystusie Jezusie. (Filipian 4;6-7)

Wskaż mi, Panie, drogę swoją, Bym postępował w prawdzie twojej;

Spraw, by serce moje jednego tylko pragnęło, bojaźni imienia twego!

(ang. Give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.)

Będę cię wysławiał, Panie, Boże mój, całym sercem

I będę wielbił imię twoje na wieki. (Psalm 86; 11-12)

During the turbulent days we live in, it can be easy to worry and become anxious. My husband, David, recently researched the word "worry" as used in Scripture. He discovered that worry is defined as a "divided heart" and a "distracted mind." I don't know about you, but I don't want to live with a divided heart or with a distracted mind. Let us pray and give God all our worries and cares, trusting Him to meet our needs. Let us pray that He will give us an undivided heart.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.
(Psalm 86:11-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment