Welcome to PolandPrayer - a blog dedicated to prayers for Poland. May Jesus reign in the hearts of the Polish people!

Witamy na PolandPrayer - blogu poświęconym modlitwie za Polskę. Niech Jezus panuje w sercach Polaków!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Comfort (Pocieszenie)

W środę, 7. kwietnia 2010 roku, leciałam z Warszawy do domu w Michigan. W sobotę, 10. kwietnia, wstałam rano i włączyłam komputer, by przeczytać wiadomości z Polski. Wiedziałam, że miała mieć miejsce wyjątkowa uroczystość w pobliżu lasu katyńskiego i byłam tym zainteresowana. Kiedy otworzyłam przeglądarkę internetową i zaczęłam czytać o tragicznym rozbiciu się samolotu, byłam w szoku. Nie mogłam uwierzyć w to, co czytałam. Myślałam, że to jakiś błąd w wiadomościach, bo wydawało się po prostu niemożliwe, by prezydent Polski i tak wielu znaczących przywódców tragicznie zginęło. Zaczęłam płakać.

Minął rok. Wciąż jest wiele kontrowersyjnych teorii dotyczących tego wydarzenia. Być może nigdy nie poznamy pełnej prawdy o tym, co stało się tego dnia. Ale jedna rzecz jest pewna: wydarzenie to bardzo mocno dotknęło Polaków i będzie długo pamiętane.

Teraz jest czas, abyśmy – jako ci, którzy znają Pana Jezusa – modlili się. Módlmy się, by pocieszył polski naród. Módlmy się za rodziny i przyjaciół tych, którzy zginęli. Módlmy się, aby Polacy skierowali swój wzrok na Jezusa i odnaleźli sens. Módlmy się, aby prawda została odkryta i by przyszło przebaczenie i uzdrowienie. Módlmy się, by polscy przywódcy nie pokładali ufności w swojej własnej mądrości, ale z pokorą szukali mądrości Bożej. Módlmy się za wszystkimi ludźmi - włączając nas samych – by zdali sobie sprawę, jak kruche jest życie i każdego dnia żyli w sposób, który jest miły Bogu. Jedynie On zna przyszłość; jedynie On daje nam kolejny oddech. Kiedy dotyka nas tragedia, jedynie On jest naszą skałą i naszym schronieniem.

Bo skryje mię w dzień niedoli w szałasie swoim, schowa mnie w ukryciu namiotu swego,
Postawi mnie wysoko na skale. (Psalm 27;5)

Pan jest mocą moją i tarczą moją. W nim zaufało moje serce i doznałem pomocy,
Rozweseliło się serce moje i pieśnią moją będę go sławił. (Psalm 28;7)

Ale ja opiewać będę moc twoją, rano weselić się będę z łaski twojej,
Boś Ty był twierdzą moją i ucieczką w czasie mej niedoli.
Mocy moja, tobie będę śpiewał, boś Ty, Boże, twierdzą moją,
Boże mój łaskawy. (Psalm 59; 17-18)

On Wednesday, April 7, 2010, I flew from Warsaw to my home in Michigan. On Saturday, April 10, I got up in the morning and went to my computer to read the news from Poland. I knew that a special ceremony was taking place near the forests of Katyn and I was very interested to read about this event. When I opened the internet and began to read about the tragic plane crash, I was in shock. I could not believe what I was reading. I thought it must be a mistake in the news, for it simply wasn’t possible that the president of Poland and so many important leaders had perished. I began to weep.

And now it is one year later. Still there are many controversial theories surrounding the event. Perhaps we will never know the complete truth about what happened on that day. But one thing is for sure: this event has greatly affected the people of Poland and will long be remembered

Now is the time for us who know the Lord Jesus to pray. Let us pray that He will comfort the nation of Poland. Let us pray for the families and friends of those who died. Let us pray that the Polish people will lift their eyes to Jesus and find hope and meaning. Let us pray for truth to be revealed and forgiveness and healing to take place. Let us pray for the leaders of Poland, that they will not trust in their own wisdom, but they will humbly seek wisdom from God. Let us pray that all peoples, including ourselves, will realize the frailty of life and will live each day in such a way that pleases God. He alone knows the future; He alone gives us our next breath. When tragedy strikes, He alone is our rock and our refuge.

For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock.
(Psalm 27:5)

The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him. (Psalm 28:7)

But I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;
For You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble.
To You, O my strength, I will sing praises; For God is my defense, my God of mercy.
(Psalm 59:16-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment